Monday, May 16, 2011

GOD'S WONDERFUL WORLD - MARCH 2011

Verse of the month: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matt 6:26).


Verses quoted in full from the ESV.


MARCH 2011


1, A purpose in everything (Esther 4:14)

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?


2, The Lord stood by me (2 Tim 4:16,17)

At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!
17) But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it.


3, The perils of pride (Prov 16:18)

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.


4, Guard against untruthfulness (Eph 6:14)

Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,


5, The God who delivers (Dan 3:17, 18)

"If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king".


6, Life or death? (Rom 6:23)

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


7, God will destroy the tormentor (Rom 16:20)

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.


8, What God longs for (Deut 5:29)

"Oh that they had such a mind as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go well with them and with their descendants forever".


9, The way of transgressors (Prov 13:15)

Good sense wins favour, but the way of the treacherous is their ruin.


10, The way of truth (Ps 119:30, 31)

I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me.
31) I cling to your testimonies, O Lord; let me not be put to shame!


11, Spiritual blessings (Eph 1:3, 4)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4) even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blames before him. In love


12, God's unchanging plan (Gen 17:7)

And I will establish my covenant between me and you [Abraham] and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.


13, Man's inability to save himself (Gal 2:16)

yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.


14, Promise of peace (John 14:27)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.


15, You can depend on God (Ps 111:7, 8)

The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy;
8) they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.


16, I live by God's rules (Ps 119:35, 36)

Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36) Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!


17, Love as Christ loved (John 13:35)

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another".


18, In harmony with heaven (Ps 119:165)

Great peace have those love your law; nothing can make them stumble.


19, Lord, open my eyes (Ps 119:18)

Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.


20, Abiding in love (John 15:10)

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.


21, The responce to love (John 14:15)

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments".


22, Search for me (Jer 29:13, 14)

You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart
14) I will be found by you declares the Lord and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


23, The unchanging God (James 1:17)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.


24, Abundant grace (Rom 6:14)

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.


25, The faith that works (Heb 11:6)

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.


26, How faith is made perfect (James 2:17)

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.


27, Praise Him (Eph 5:18, 19)

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
19) addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart,


28, Faith does not cancel obedience (Rom 3:31)

Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.


29, The faith that God gives (Heb 11:1)

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.


30, How the gift of faith is given (Rom 10:17)

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.


31, The good fight of faith (1 Tim 6:12)

Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment