Monday, May 16, 2011

GOD'S WONDERFUL WORLD - APRIL 2011

Verse of the month: The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come (Song of Solomon 2:12).


Complete verses quoted from the ESV.


APRIL 2011


1, The just shall live by faith (Col 2:6)

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,


2, Faith is the victory (1 John 5:4)

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith.


3, Justified by His blood (Rom 5:9)

Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.


4, The sacrificial blood of Christ (1 Pet 18, 19)

knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold,
19) but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.


5, Peace through the Cross (Rom 8:1)

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.


6, A perfect atonement (Rom 5:11)

More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.


7, Saving power (Eph 2:8, 9)

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your doing; it is the gift of God,
9) not a result of works, so that no one may boast.


8, Praying for a larger experience (Ps 119:32)

I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart!


9, Power in the blood (Eph 2:13)

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.


10, Redemption and forgiveness (Eph 1:7)

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,


11, Self-righteousness insufficient (Matt 5:20)

"For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven".


12, Filled with His righteousness (Matt 5:6)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.


13, Repentance, a gift (Acts 5:31)

God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Saviour, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.


14, Obtained by faith (Rom 4:5)

And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,


15, My guide and pilot (Ps 32:8)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.


16, The sinner's friend (Prov 18:24)

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


17, The saving power of Jesus (2 Cor 12:9)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


18, A wellspring of life (John4:14)

"but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."


19, Clothed in His righteousness (Isa 61:10)

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exalt in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.


20, Proving the will of God (Rom 12:2)

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


21, Faith in action (James 2:18)

But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.


22, He bore our sins (Isa 53:5)

But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.


23, A glorious substitution (Gal 3:13)

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us - for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"


24, Wonderful news (John 20:18)

Mary Magdelene went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord" - and that he had said these things to her.


25, The work of a lifetime (John 17:19)

And for their sake I will consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.


26, A hatred of sin (Heb 1:9)

"You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions."


27, When I fall (1 John 2:1)

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.


28, A test of character (Mal 3:3)

He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord.


29, Affection from God (2 Peter 1:3)

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence.


30, Joy and peace in the Holy Spirit (Rom 14:17)

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment