Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hymn 334: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

COME, THOU FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING



1) Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise.

Teach me ever to adore Thee, may I still Thy goodness prove,

While the hope of endless glory fills my heart with joy and love.


2) Here I raise my Ebenezer, hither by Thy help I've come,

And I hope by Thy good pleasure safely to arrive at home.

Jesus sought me when a stranger wandering from the fold of God;

He to rescue me from danger interposed His precious blood.


3) O, to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!

Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind me closer still to Thee.

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;

Here's my heart - O, take and seal it; seal it for Thy courts above.

No comments:

Post a Comment