Sunday, September 8, 2019

Poem recited by hot Cameron Diaz in 'In Her Shoes' (2005)

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it 
anywhere I go you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me 
is your doing, my darling
I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world, for beautiful, you are my world, my true
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows 
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; 
which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)



Cam's character Maggie recited this poem at her long-suffering sister, Rose's wedding in a film called 'In Her Shoes'.  
This movie brings back some rare memories for me. I first saw it when I went to a cinema in Wellington in November 2005. I spent about 25 days in New Zealand that month. I took extra time off work to accompany my mother who wanted to visit family about an hours drive from Auckland. I stayed in a hostel in Auckland for five days during the first full week we were there. The second week was 'a bit' quieter. The third week, I traveled to Wellington where I stayed in a hostel near the train station. It was a cool time even though I was a solo tourist. On the plus side, I had complete freedom to go where and when I wanted, at a moment's notice. I explored the city centre every day and discovered a great Irish pub in Cuba street and other surprise places of interest including the awesome free museum Te Papa, and 'the Beehive' where I took a very interesting guided tour. My main regret was not taking time out to sail on the Inter-islander ferry to South Island. I bet the scenery is awesome on a good day. I hope to go back to Wellington again some day and I will not leave NZ's capital city until after I've traveled to South Island by ferry and taken lots of photos. 
By the time I got back to my then-digs in Aylesbury, UK, I'd flown on 10 planes from the start of my holiday. Five flights from UK to NZ (via Ireland, Singapore/Hong Kong and Australia) each way. I loved all the flying. I miss flying a lot these days. I have hardly flown since Nov 2005. Don't ask "why not" as I don't have a good answer.
I do have plans to fly to Spain next April however to embark on a new mega-ship for my first ever cruise 'vacation'. Hopefully there'll be very few youngsters and teenagers on my ship as schools will be in session.
Even more hopefully, MSC won't 'pull the plug' and cancel my dream cruise vacation due to the wretched coronavirus, Covid-19, that is turning up in many countries and causing people to cancel their holidays to avoid contracting it and even dying from it. I hope a cure is developed for it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment