Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Signs of the Times

HOPE IN TROUBLED TIMES


Troubled times come to us all. Whether it is a financial crisis, a health crisis, or a personal or family crisis, we all face times when the day is bleak and the forecast for tomorrow doesn't seem any brighter. What we need is hope - hope that someone somewhere cares about our situation, hope that tomorrow will be better, hope that there is a permanent solution to all of the troubles of this life.

Following, you will find words of encouragement from the Bible - God's Word to you. You will see that Someone does care about your life and your happiness - God cares. When the troubles of today seem overwhelming, take a moment to read these promises of hope. You'll find that your heart is lighter when you read about God's plan to give you a future and a hope.

The following verses are from the New King James Version of the Bible:


Psalm 121:1-4, I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? My help comes from the lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for me with all your heart."

Lamentations 3:21-23, This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

Psalm 146:5-7, Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them; who keeps truth forever, who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord gives freedom to the prisoners.

Psalm 71:14-16, But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more, my mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.

Psalm 4:5, Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

Psalm 33:18-22, Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You.


Hope in the Lord


Psalm 31:24, Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:7-8, Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Romans 15:13, Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 12:10-13, Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honour giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.


Hope in God's Word


Psalm 119:147-149, I rise before the dawning of the morning, and cry for help; I hope in Your word. My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may meditate on Your word. Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O Lord, revive me according to Your justice.

Romans 15:4, For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Psalm 130:5-6, I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word, I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning - yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

Psalm 119:114-115, You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word. Depart from me, you evildoers, for I will keep the commandments of my God.


Hope in God's Salvation


Romans 5:5-8, Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Acts 24:15, I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.

Proverbs 23:18, For surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off.

Psalm 147:11, The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy.

Titus 2:11-14, For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Lamentations 3:25-26, The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.



The contents of this blog were originally published in tract form* by Pacific Press Publishing Association, 2009. (It's title: SIGNS OF THE TIMES - HOPE IN TROUBLED TIMES.)


For more information, write to: Discover, PO Box 53005, Los Angeles, CA 90053 USA



I share this with you because it was so helpful to me. I wanted to share this wisdom with as many others as possible. I hope you were blessed to read the above. Please share it with others so they can be blessed too.


No comments:

Post a Comment