Saturday, August 20, 2011

Psalm 119 - NKJV, Part 5

This first section is number 13 of 22. Psalm 119 is divided into 22 sections consisting of 8 verses each. Each verse in a section starts with the same Hebrew letter, therefore each verse in section 13, eg, starts with 'mem'. This personal project is to quote all 176 verses of this l-o-n-g psalm in 7 parts. God (Yahweh) inspired His servant, King David, to compose this great psalm of his love for God's commandments, laws, precepts and testimonies. How Utopia would be MUCH closer if everyone had David's attitude towards God and His ways!


[13/22] vs 97 - 104, MEM:


97, Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

98, You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me.

99, I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation.

100, I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts.

101, I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I may keep Your word.

102, I have not departed from Your judgements, for You Yourself have taught me.

103, How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104, Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.


[14/22] vs 105 - 112, NUN:


105, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

106, I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgements.

107, I am afflicted very much; revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.

108, Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your judgements.

109, My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law.

110, The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I have not strayed from Your precepts.

111, Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

112, I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes, forever to the end.


[15/22] vs 113 - 120, SAMEK:


113, I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.

114, You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.

115, Depart from me, you evildoers, for I keep the commandments of my God.

116, Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

117, Hold me up, and I shall be safe, and I will observe Your statutes continually.

118, You reject all those who stray from Your statutes, for their deceit is falsehood.

119, You put away all the wicked of the earth like dross; therefore I love Your testimonies.

120, My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment