Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Favourite Bible Passages, 1 - ESV

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world*, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".
(Or, "For this is how God loved the world,.....)

Lamentations 3:21-25: But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 22) The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 23) they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24) "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." 25) The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Isaiah 58:13-14: "If you will turn your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honourable; if you honour it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; 14) then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

Habakkuk 3:17-19: Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, 18) YET I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 19) God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.

Luke 1:46-55: And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, 47) and my spirit rejoices in God my SAVIOUR, 48) for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; 49) for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. 50) And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation. 51) He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; 52) he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; 53) he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. 54) He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, 55) as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever."

Philippians 1:6: And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 3:16,17: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17) that the man of God many be competent, equipped for every good work.

1 Peter 3:15: but in your hearts honour Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Revelation 22:20-21: He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! 21) The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment