Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bible Readings from my 2007 Diary (Part 2)

Sabbath greetings again from Cork county. I hope you enjoy reading, studying and knowing the Scriptures. I delight in sharing these precious verses from God's Word, the Holy Bible, with you. I hope you get a lot of spiritual benefit from reading them here. As mentioned in an earlier entry, I found a 2007 diary called 'Hopeful Thoughts' that has a Bible verse at the foot of each page, one page per week. It is now time to finish the verses for this diary. I now present the verses for weeks 27-52/53 (July thru to Dec 2007). As before, the first rendering is from the diary 'as is'. The second is from the NASV [New American Standard Version](NT vs only) and the third is from the NLT [New Living Translation] (again, NT vs only). All OT verses shall be followed by the NKJV [New King James Version] rendering. But only if the wording is different from the diary version. May the Lord bless you as you read and live His precious Word.


Bible Readings for July-December 2007:

For week ending (w/e) July 7,

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus (1 Thess 5:18)

[NASV]: in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

[NLT]: Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

w/e July 14,

He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you shall take refuge (Psalm 91:4)

w/e July 21,

The living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy (1 Tim 6:17)

[NASV] :.....but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.

[NLT] : .....God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.

w/e July 28,

I am the good shepherd, and I know my sheep, and am known by my own (Jn 10:14)

[NASV]: "I am the good shepherd; and I know My own; and My own know Me."

[NLT]: "I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me."

w/e Aug 4,

The people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits (Dan 11:32)

w/e Aug 11,

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in Him I will trust (2 Sam 22:2-3)

[NKJV]: "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 2) The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;....."

w/e Aug 18,

Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus (2 Tim 2:1)

[NLT]: .....be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus.

w/e Aug 25,

He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom (Isa 40:11)

w/e Sept 1,

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit (Ps 34:18)

w/e Sept 8,

Oh, love the Lord, all you his saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful (Ps 31:23)

w/e Sept 15,

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord (Jer 17:7)

w/e Sept 22,

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes (Rom 1:16)

[NASV]: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to every one who believes,.....

[NLT]: For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes.....

w/e Sept 29,

Do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you (Gen 26:24)

w/e Oct 6,

I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Phil 3:14)

[NASV]: I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

[NLT]: I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, [is calling us].

w/e Oct 13,

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you (Isa 26:3)

w/e Oct 20,

Oh, how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for those who fear you (Ps 31:19)

w/e Oct 27,

My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9)

[NASV]: ....."My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.".....

[NLT]: ....."My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.".....

w/e Nov 3,

This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (Jn 17:3)

[NASV]: "And this eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent."

[NLT]: "And this is the way to have eternal life-to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth."

w/e Nov 10,

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above (Jam 1:17)

[NASV]: Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above.....

[NLT]: Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father.....

w/e Nov 17,

Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord (1 Chron 16:10)

w/e Nov 24,

The Lord is my strength and song, and he has become my salvation; he is my God (Ex 15:2)

w/e Dec 1,

The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works (Ps 145:9)

w/e Dec 8,

The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace (Num 6:26)

w/e Dec 15,

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will guide you with my eye (Ps 32:8)

w/e Dec 22,

For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all his awys (Ps 91:11)

w/e Dec 29,

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together (Ps 34:3)

w/e [Jan 5 2008, for Dec 31 2007],

When the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman (Gal 4:4)

[NASV]: But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman.....

[NLT]: But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman,.....



I hope these passages of Scripture will be a blessing to you whenever you read them. Make a note of them and meditate on them. Allow them to have an impact on you. May God bless you.




No comments:

Post a Comment